Lately, I can’t help but read everything that pops up on my newsfeed about vaccines.
Here’s the thing… I’m fascinated by Jenny McCarthy.
Not because she’s intelligent… nope.
Not because she knows what she’s talking about… definitely not.
Mostly because I think she’s incompetent, and yet she’s the one that’s famous and significantly more well off than I am. She makes me angry and a little fascinated all at the same time. Like, can’t-stop-staring-at-the-monkeys-with-the-red-butts-at-the-zoo fascinated. I’m wide-eyed, open-mouthed and drooling when I read this anti-vaccine stuff.
It’s. Just. So. Ridiculous.
Why would you put everyone around you in danger? Why would you put your PRECIOUS INNOCENT BABY in danger? Or other precious innocent babies and adorable grandparents and others that can’t get vaccinated due to health issues? Why do you have a red butt, monkey?
Seriously, they have red butts. It’s hilarious. Think about it.
Anyway, I’ve been reading. And reading. And reading.
- Things like this. (I’ll admit, I haven’t clicked on all of the links, but it’s a good read anyway – AND, the author is an anthropologist with her PhD in Genetics, holy kahmoly).
- This is clearly a blog, so you can take it with a grain of salt, but it’s interesting none the less. She went from being an anti-vaccine momma to a firm believer in science. High five, Megan!
- I thought measles was a thing of the 1900s, but it’s back.
- This shows that you can catch and spread diseases even when you’re vaccinated. It’s rare, but it’s possible. I hope the anti-vaccine mommas don’t screw up the herd immunity.
- This is not at all educational, it might not even be accurate, but it’s funny.
It’s interesting that people with no medical knowledge are convincing the world to avoid vaccines like the plague (ironic, seeing as vaccines help fight things like plagues).
So here’s my opinion, if you want it. If you don’t, that’s cool too.
(Note: I’m not a medical professional.)
If you aren’t sure, ask your doctor.
Then, when they say to get them, because they will, get them.